- We will not use any information that you enter into this web site for any purpose other than for the invitation to purchase, renew, and supply insurance products from EnviroSure.
- We will not disclose any information that you enter into this web site to any party not directly connected with the supply of insurance that you have requested to purchase. Such parties will have access to your information for the sole purpose of meeting administrative and compliance requirements.
- We will keep your credit card details secure, we will not disclose them to any third party (apart from your credit card provider) and we will not store your credit card details on our online system or in any other place once your payment has been approved.
At Insurance Choice Pty Ltd , we are committed to protecting your personal information subject to the National Privacy Principles (NPP) as set out in the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth). We aim to keep your personal information confidential unless otherwise authorised by you. The NPP governs the way we collect, use, disclose and secure information about you. The NPP also permits you access to the information we hold about you in order to correct or update it.
You can visit our website(s) without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information. We will not collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it.
We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. If you provide us with personal information about yourself, we will keep a record of it and will take all reasonable steps to keep that information secure.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the user's computer hard drive when a website is accessed. It allows the website to recognise the computer when it returns to the website in the future. We do not employ cookies on our website.
Why may we need your personal information?
The personal information collected and maintained by Insurance Choice comprises your name, address, contact details and information specific to, and required for, the service or product that we provide to you. We may also collect and maintain sensitive information for some products. This may include information about your health, membership of trade unions or professional associations and any criminal convictions you may have.
The information collected allows us or your insurer to:
- Calculate insurance premiums;
- providing you with the advisory services that you have requested;
- managing our relationship with you; or
- contacting you about products and services in which you may be interested
- properly administer your claims or claims brought against you;
Using and Disclosing your personal information(including card payment details)
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you have provided it.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it to any other third party, unless with your consent or in other circumstances where such use or disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act (for example where legally required in the investigation of a criminal offence, or in compliance with a subpoena).
We occasionally distribute to our clients general information and newsletters regarding Insurance Choice products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this additional (directly marketed) information please contact Insurance Choice.
Insurance Choice may seek the services of relevant third party suppliers (e.g. insurers, agents, loss adjusters, risk managers, investment managers, external administrators, mail-houses etc.) to carry out specialised activities. Some of these third parties are appointed by Insurance Choice to perform specific tasks on a case-by-case basis, others provide insurance and financial services to you as recommended by us. Where your personal information is provided to these third parties to enable them to perform their agreed activities, they are required to abide by the National Privacy Principles and use the personal information provided just for the service they supply.
Correcting/Accessing Your Personal Information
Insurance Choice aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. Please contact Insurance Choice if you:
- would like to seek access to, or revise your personal information; or
- feel that the information we currently have on record is either incorrect, incomplete or both
Contacting Us and Privacy Issues
You can obtain further information on request about the way in which we manage the personal information that we hold or you can raise any privacy issues with us by contacting us.
By asking us to assist with your insurance and financial planning needs, you consent to the collection and use of the information you have provided to us for the purposes described above.